***CLASS START 7pm - Tobacco Factory, Raleigh Road
***PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN MAT
***DIRECTIONS: Take stairs in the Tobacco Factory BOX OFFICE entrance, turn left at the top. The studio is straight ahead.
I won't be able to teach tonight as I've got a big cold - a sneezy teacher with croaky voice sadly doesn't make for a relaxing yoga class #sadface
However, my amazing Yoga teacher friend Adela who happens to visit tonight very kindly agreed to help out and jump in to cover 💜 #happyface
Adela and I met back in London and established our own company called Powder Yogi to run a Yoga Ski holiday in France.
Adela lives in Austria at the moment, has done a couple of ski instructor seasons (she's the fastest rocket-pocket Yogi in the world!). She is really into Essential Oils, an amazing topic which I love talking to her about. She said she'd bring me some healing, balancing ones to get me back on track. If you've got any questions - do go ahead and ask her, sure she'll be very happy to answer any of them :)
I'm so sorry I can't be there to teach our last class. Do come along for some balancing, nourishing and re-energising movement practice and deep healing energy. I think we can all do with some of that at the moment, wherever we are in our lives.
I'm sure you'll enjoy your session with Adela, she's got the most wonderful heart and I really wish I could be there too.
Many thanks, much love and warm wishes,
If you're a runner or cyclist and would like to become stronger, healthier and maybe even faster, drop in and say hello! I'm a keen runner myself and in the past 6 years have tailored my Yoga teachings to work predominantly with runners/cyclists (and other athletes) - to help you recover quicker, avoid injury and step it up in your running as well as in your life.
Yoga has a huge number of benefits on offer you which we'll tap into the moment we step onto a Yoga mat. They're all equally important, however, I focus a lot on Core Strength as well as the alignment within hips & hamstring flexibility & strength - with the aim to find our natural range of motion again for us to be able to function again properly and powerfully.
The Tobacco Factory studios are a fantastic space for our Sunday night sessions, quite buzzy at times, I'm super excited and grateful to be able to run our sessions there, it's become one of the highlights of my week!
I would love to give you the tools to wrap up your weekend, allow your body to process your training, your week and weekend and set you up for a fresh, new start of a successful week ahead.
I look forward to meeting and practicing with you!
Much love, happy running!
Ps. Join me in my Facebook Group - "Core Yoga for Runners, Bristol"
Here are some more beautiful benefits you'll dive into with a regular yoga practice:
- Increase your core strength and stability to train and race stronger for longer
- Increase flexibility of muscles, tissues, as well as length of the fascia and connective tissue in your body to move back to your natural shape and form
- Speed up recovery time from training and racing, get support during rehabilitation to get on your feet (or bike) again sooner
- Prevent and avoid the usual aches and pains that often come e.g. when increasing miles in your training schedule
- Reduce back and neck pain, headaches and other chronic pain
- Improve postural alignment and body awareness
- Learn how to breathe deeply and fully again so your body can direct more oxygen, energy and nourishment to your muscles, tissues and cells and all systems of your body to function again powerfully
- Improve circulation, digestion, hormonal balance as well as immune functions
- Mentally, it can improve your alertness, concentration, sleep patterns, improve your ability to relax, and reduce stress and anxiety to keep race nerves under control
- Increase your energy and find an overall sense of well-being