DMAC, Hamilton House, Bristol, City of Bristol, BS1 3QY, United Kingdom
Contact Improvisation is based on the physical exploration of how the body moves through its own intelligence and how two or more bodies in contact with each other can move together.
A dance that fine tunes your senses and wakes up your ability to listen and respond to what is happening in the moment. Sometimes wild and athletic, sometimes quiet and meditative, and all levels in between. It is a form open to all bodies and inquiring minds. These Sunday sessions are run and taught by a community of contact dancers. (Classes are open to all levels and generally led by a different teacher each week).
- Make friends with gravity, with the Earth and with flow
- Come to understand the intelligence of your skin, muscles and bones
- Experience and know the Authentic dances and impulses of your own body
- Give your weight lovingly to the floor and to other dancers
- Learn to follow, to listen, and to allow for improvisation to move through you and through the dance itself
- Become skillful, playful, graceful and safe in magical and deeply human movement
- Learn how to relate to other humans in simple, tactile, loving ways
Warm-up: 5pm – 6.30pm
Jam: 6.30pm – 8.00pm
The jam is an open event without a teacher. Participants are responsible for their own safety and wellbeing in the jam. Take care to be alert and sensitive to yourself and others. The organisers cannot accept responsibility or liability for injury. There is often a musician accompanying us at the jams.
or contact Bristol Contact Improvisation Dance
0777 373 8241